Wednesday, June 20, 2007

CA bar is a writing exam



California Bar Exam is a Writing Exam

Now, I have to be worried about my writing skills. In the coming real bar exam, I picked " writing" instead of "tying." I am a writer not a typer. Two reasons:
1. Oakland is closer.
2. I can not spell well ( you might notice that already).

One thing from the barbri feedback is USING HEADER. I can imagine that. After reading tons and tons of essays, they must be tired. They have their checklists. They just want to see the keywords.Although personally I believe my handwriting is reader-friendly, barbri gave me comment like"messy". I usually write 6 pages. I think maybe I should write more. like 8 pages. I probably can do that without any difficulties by adding a lot a lot a lot of headers.

Anyway, some thoughts:

1. The "Formation" of Trusts and Wills are important, Wills can be a way to create Trusts

2. Trusts & Partnership & Corp all have Agency spirit in it ( fiduciary duty)

3. Community Properties are Joint Tenant Law + Wills ( If I have been through divorce, I will have more feelings for it)

4. Civil Pro: a lot of things... don't know what to do with it yet. I have to say in the future, civil pro definitely is very important for practicing law, but ... it's too much for us now

Performance Test

I don't know why Barbri didn't say anything about it yet. Is it really that easy? Definitely not for me. I am a slow reader. I checked it a little bit. Form:

1. Memo from someone asking you to do something
2. Case related doc. ex. meeting records
3. library

Something like this... anyhow, it's a lot of reading for each performance test... should I just worry about my essays so far?

No comments: