Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Professional Responsibility




I found I forgot to mention a very important subject in my earlier post: Professional Responsibility. Maybe that's a sign...I don't really care about professional responsibility.

Anyway, in order to apologize to professional responsibility... the highest law in the land of lawyers. Let me copy down some essay outline ( very short. trust me. you can check it out yourself)

The attorney's Duty to the client
( I found it's very Agency)
a. The duty of loyalty
b. The duty of silence ( don't be a big mouth)
c. The duty of competence
d. The duty of financial integrity
e. Duty to NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR CLIENT IF SHE IS NOT RICH

The attorney's Duty to 3rd Parties
a. The duty to apposing parties in litigation ( yeah right?!)
b. The duty to accept representations ( it depends on the demand and supply)
c. The special duty of prosecutors ( crossover: criminal pro)

The attorney's Duty to the Court
a. The duty of candor ( I don't know what's that? being fair?)
b. The duty of honesty ( hahaha!)
c. The duty to witnesses and jurors ( be nice to them)

The attorney's Duty to the Profession
a. The duty to avoid unauthorized practice of law ( paralegal is not your dog)
b. The duty to avoid false or misleading advertisement (1st amendment?)
c. The duty to not properly solicit clients

No comments: